All students in our school will have the chance to cross-country ski and snowshoe in the next two weeks. We are borrowing the skis from Heartland Recreation. These skis normally stay in the ski room in the Normac Centre. Anyone can borrow them and go out to ski on the golf course where there are maintained ski trail. The ski room is open on Sundays from 1-4. Any other time the rink is open you can see the rink attendant to get the room opened up. The snowshoes were provided through a grant in conjunction with Heartland Recreation for our school community to use.
Here is a list of times that classes will be skiing. Please make sure students are dressed to spend time outdoors (ski pants, toque, mitts). If possible send an extra pair of mitts that day so they don’t have to put on wet mitts. If you would like to join us, just send me an email.
K’s - Jan. 11th 12:15 (half ski/ half snowshoe) Grade 1 - Jan. 13th 9:45 (half ski/ half ss)
- Jan. 13th 12:15 (half and half) - Jan. 14th 12:15 (half and half)
- Jan. 19th 12:15 (ski) - Jan. 18th 12:15 (ski)
Gr. ⅔ - Jan. 12th 12:15 (half ski/ half snowshoe) Grade ¾ - Jan. 11th 9:55 half and half
- Jan. 13th 11:30 (half and half) - Jan. 14th 2:40 (half and half)
- Jan. 14th 1:55 (half and half) - Jan. 18th 2:40(half and half)
- Jan. 18th 11:30 (half and half) - Jan. 19th 9:55 (half and half)
Gr. 5 - Jan. 11th 11:30 Grade 6 - Jan. 12th 9:55
- Jan. 12th 11:30 - Jan. 13th 2:40
- Jan. 14th 11:30 - Jan. 20th 9:55
- Jan. 19th 11:30
- Jan. 12th - 1:55
- Jan. 19th - 1:55